Applicants registering for classes must be 16 years of age, or turn 16 during their first semester at TIES.
Younger applicants are accepted for private lessons and holiday courses.
Admission Requirements for each program are included on the page for each program on this website.
When you are accepted into a TIES program, an ADMISSION PACKAGE will be mailed to you. The package contains:
- A Letter of Admission
- A student profile form
- An application form for homestay or private accommodation
- A form for your flights / arrival information
- Information on TIES policies including medical insurance
When do I apply?
You can apply at ANY TIME during the year.
How do I apply?
Download Application Form from the Download Forms page.
(TEFL students must download and complete the specific form from the same page)
Complete the application form and fax or email it back to us along with your application fee.
Where do I apply?
|Mail To:||The International English School
PO Box 3945
Somerset West 7129
Western Cape Province
How do I obtain a Study Permit (Student Visa)?
The easiest way is to contact our in-house Immigration Department to help you through the whole process.
Otherwise, you can contact the South African Embassy in your country about specific requirements. Usually, the following are required for an application for a study permit:
- A formal letter of admission from TIES stating that you have paid for your fees and have been accepted as a student
- A valid passport
- Proof that you have enough money to support yourself while you are in South Africa
- A medical examination may be required