Immigration Services

In-House Immigration Department

Contact our friendly and knowledgeable Immigration Department for all your visa needs and immigration-related enquiries.

Visitor’s visa

You can study on a visitor’s visa for 90 days

To extend your visitor’s visa (max 90 days)

  • Letter of registration
  • Proof of funds
  • Proof of accommodation
  • Return ticket

General documents required with all study visa applications:

(You can study an English Language Course for up to 2 years)

  • Valid passport and copy of your visa
  • Vaccination certificate (if required in your country)
  • A copy of your repatriation deposit or return ticket
  • A copy of your birth certificate
  • Proof of your accommodation in RSA
  • Proof of funds in RSA
  • Under 18: Permission from your parents
  • Under 18: A letter from your guardian
  • Over 18: Police clearance certificate from your country
  • Over 18: Police clearance from RSA if you have been in RSA for more than 1 year
  • Medical insurance in RSA
  • Medical and radiological certificates

Changing schools – change of conditions visa

You will need the general documents as well as the following:

  • A letter of release from your old school
  • A new letter of registration for the new school

Extend study visa

  • New letter of registration for school

Work while you study

  • Work contract for less than 20 hours per week
  • Letter of registration from school

Spousal visa (if you have a SA partner)

  • A copy of your partner’s ID / PR certificate
  • A letter of support from your partner
  • A marriage certificate or spousal affidavit